"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained” C.S. Lewis
ZD says that I am a very supportive wife. I am. I do my very best to be. Because I know that what is best for him...is ultimately best for me and the boys.
But sometimes the support is very hard.
I have to agree to things that I love to scream, "No" to. But if I said no, what sort of man would come home to me? And would he be the sort of man that I needed?
They tell you being a parent is hard. When they hand you that little one for the first time, they warn you..."This will hurt. You will forever have your heart linked to someone else. You will suffer for them. You will sacrifice for them. Your success and failure and happiness and sorrow will depend on this person."
I expected it.
Because I knew that when I said, "I do."
2 comments:
So what prompted this?
I'm really missing our knitting nights.
Yes. Yes. Yes.
Post a Comment