Either I am very brave or I have lost my mind completely. I have decided to re-paint the living room. You know...that room with all the big furniture and and the fish tank. The huge 55 gallon fish tank that houses the giant Oscars.
Not only did I decide to repaint, but I also decided to re-arrange the whole room. I just couldn't be satisfied with changing the color....everything has to find a new home too.
Of course this requires a unique painting approach. I can't just put on two coats and then do the trim. Oh no.
I can only move the fish tank when the water is out of it. It's a big fish tank.
And if I disconnect the TV armoire, I lose my cable modem. So I have to paint a wall and then move the furniture. Then paint another wall and move that furniture.
So far I have one coat of the longest wall done and moved the heaviest non-fish tank piece of furniture to the appropriate side of the room. Next I'll paint the new fish tank wall, drain and clean out the tank and then move Oscar and Elmo (collectively called "the fish") to their new location. And then work my way around the room until it is no longer a sage green.
The new color is called Pony Tail. Yep....it's horse butt tan. I think the color naming chick was reaching down in the bottom of the barrel when she pulled that out.
And let's just ignore the fact that the same room was tan before I painted it the current sage green that it is.
ZD thinks I've lost my mind.
"Are you pregnant? You seem to be nesting," he offered from his hot and sandy place.
No dear...I'm just insane.
For my next exercise in futility, I plan to re-paint and switch the boys' rooms.
Ha, ha, ha, ha....
3 comments:
And you decided on this SINCE Fri night??????????
Do we need to rearrange our plans for Tues? Or do I get to throw on my paint clothes too?
You HAVE lost your mind!
I ***LIKED*** the sage green. LOL HOrse butt tan, huh?
You'll have to post pics when you're done....crazy.
"Are you pregnant?" ROFLOL!!! Oh, my, that's hilarious!
Horse Butt Tan. That is so very close to what I think we've agreed to paint the exterior trim on the house. Only I think we were winging it and called it elk butt. Might be on the same color chip, though. Worth checking out.
Not insane, really. Just biding your time and being productive. Granted, you're WAY more productive on an off day than I am at the end of a week... but still... you're not *entirely* insane. ;-)
Pictures will follow? Right? (Like you have nothing else to do, I know. But I wanna see.)
Dy
Post a Comment