Monday, April 30, 2007

I'm back!

The day we've been dreading has arrived.
Each morning for the past 5 days, Baby S has been asking, "Is today Monday?"
Today, it was.

ZD is still in country. He's hanging in "Adlanna" awaiting his ride back. If we had known he would have so much time to kill we would have taken him up there.
(sigh)
Instead we took him to the local tiny but quite hoity-toity airport. The ticket TSA guy gave us a security clearance pass so we could all hang out in the terminal and wait for ZD's ride. That gave us and extra hour and a half with our guy.

We had a great two weeks. We jammed it packed with as much as possible.
The short list with more explanations in the near future:
A trip to the Aquarium
ZD taught 3 co-op classes
A trip down to the farm
The "Baby's" first time shooting a gun (Now that is a story!)
Replacing and placing new sprinklers
A long nature walk
A TV interview
A newspaper interview
A lot of filming
2 baseball practices
2 sets of baseball games
A lot of shopping
2 shaved dogs
A birthday party
Some fishing
badminton
A visit from a favorite Uncle
A home run
hospitalization of another favorite Uncle
Bad news about my eyes
Good news about the rest of me.
A computer rescue attempt
Lots, and lots, and lots of hugs.
4 pampered and spoiled boys
and 1,000,000 trips to the snack hut at baseball.

But right now, I'm a little tired and quite a bit sad. I've gotten a bit spoiled myself...having ZD around 24 hours for 16 days. It surprised me how easily we all just fell back into our normal life.

Now, we're back to waiting again.

4 comments:

Pensguys said...

WOW! You DID do a lot!

Becca said...

I'm sad with you. It must have been so hard to send him back. Harder than sending him away at first? My DH was gone 8 months for his longest, so we didn't have a mid cycle leave. I'm so glad that your family had a wonderful, blessed time together. I pray the rest of the tour goes so quickly and safely.

Bridget said...

You sure did fit alot in those 16 days but I'm sure it didn't seem like nearly enough. God bless you and here's to praying the time goes quickly until he is home again.

Dy said...

Sounds like you put that time to good use. {{{hugs}}}
Dy