Friday, April 13, 2007

Hours to go...

Hours...as in less than one day.

The whole crew will wake up bright an early in the morning. We'll all pile into the van and head out as the sun rises so we can get to the airport as ZD is coming in.

Our other option is to wait until the local airport can bring him home at dinner time. (We aren't doing that option.)

I doubt the boys will even sleep tonight. They are so excited.
Yesterday, we stocked the fridge and pantry with favorite foods.
The van is already clean and all tuned up.
We'll spend the rest of the evening getting the house all tidied up.

All to welcome home our own personal hero.

It's spring break for the Zoo. We'll be out visiting and vacationing. The boys have a multitude of plans including seeing the pandas, going to the aquarium, and possibly heading down to the beach.
A summer's worth of fun all stuffed into 2 weeks.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I'm so so so excited for you!!!! I know it will be bittersweet to have such a short visit, but I pray you'll truly savor each and every moment and that he'll be home for good quickly. Have a wonderful visit!

Pensguys said...

I've been so excited FOR ya'll!!!!

Job said...

woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dy said...

WOOHOO!!!! Happy Spring Break!
Dy

Bridget said...

That is so exciting for you and your boys! I know you will be savoring every second together.

Anonymous said...

I hope your honey got home okay, and that all of you have a wonderful time with each other.
I know what it's like to be apart for months because of a deployment.
When he has to go back, if you need me, I'm 3 hours behind you and I'm sure I'll be up til at least midnight my time if you need to talk.