Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day...

from the luckiest mom in the world.

There are some great advantages of being mom only to boys. Sure it gets a little stinky. It's noisy too. It's busy and messy...but I'm queen of the house and their Daddy has set a good example.

This morning, as a rare treat, I slept in until 8 am. Right as I was about to get up, my 8 year old, peeked in my door.
"Don't get up Momma," M told me with a sneaky little smile, "We're cooking you breakfast."
I found this when I got permission to get up.
My morning paper, two origami hearts, a big glass of milk, and if you look closely at the bread "I Heart U Mom" carved in the butter.
The two dozen roses that ZooDad sent yesterday, pale in comparison.
Later I received another origami heart from M. He folded and colored it himself. He has fine motor issues but he was determined to fold a heart for me. It took him almost an hour to get one that he was satisfied with. His older brother sat with him and helped him until they got it just right.
A, who is 5, made a card for me. He wrote the word love and then surrounded it with red hearts and birds...."Love is in the air" he told me, quite proud of his pun. Inside was a drawing of me planting flowers.
To top it all off, my oldest (age 11) wrote a poem for me. The kid is amazing.

Mom's Poem
Roses are red.
Daisies are yellow.
To have you for a Mom
I'm one lucky fellow.
Violets are blue.
Cherries are red.
You take care of me
and keep me well fed.
Grass is green.
The sky is blue.
You're the best Mom (in history)
and I love you.
Tangerines are orange.
Hear me say.
Relax a bit
It's Valentine's Day.

Hallmark couldn't have made something better.
They are going to make four women very happy some day.

2 comments:

Bridget said...

There is absolutely nothing better than a homemade card from your children. I found your blog through Dy and I really enjoy it. Enjoy your little ones, they grow up way too fast. I have 3 of my own, 8, 15 and 18 and time flies.

Dy said...

Yes, they are. And they made one woman supremely happy that day. What delightful, wonderful hearts they have (and witty and smart, too!)

Dy