Ok...backstory.
When we bought this house, I hated the master bathroom.
It's a bona fide mid-80's bathroom complete with hanging ball lights, too many mirrors, carpet, and some fugly original wall paper.
For eight years I have just tolerated it. I never had the motivation to get started on it. And I had no idea of what to do with the mirrors.
You see, I'm a bit superstitious.
I don't care about black cats, since I live with one. I'll walk under ladders. I'll even open an umbrella in the house.
But I freak if a bird flies in.
I throw salt over my shoulder.
and I will not break a mirror on purpose.
(sigh)
Back to the bathroom.
Some time ago...Zoodad broke off the toilet paper hanger...accidentally. This made a large wallpaper free hole in the wall.
AS leaking skylight ruined the ceiling and replacing the skylight ruined the inside moulding around it.
Time and gravity broke the shower door.
So I got this hair to start re-doing the bathroom. Things need to be done.
I ordered a new door for the shower and then ripped off the old one.
Let's just say that ripping off the old one was monumentally easier than installing the new one. So the new one, while in the bathroom, is not installed and won't be until after this weekend.
But I did change the broken blind. Removing the blind removed some wallpaper. It just came off. (Not the blind. The blind removal took longer than the shower door removal.)
I was impressed and bit concerned about the wallpaper just coming off.
So I did what any woman who hates her bath room wall paper would do.
I started pulling it off.
It's only easy to pull off in some areas so the job is no where near done.
Then I started dismantling the light fixtures because I couldn't do any more wall paper without a steamer or glue remover. Then I moved on to the carpet and towel racks.
So that's where I stand.
No shower door.
Half my walls exposed.
Light fixtures exposed.
Towel racks partially removed.
Carpet pulled up in one area.
and ceiling "stuff" falling from the ceilings.
Plus three gigantic mirrors to deal with.
I am soooooo glad Zoodad is not around.
3 comments:
ohmygosh you are just "too much". I am LOL!!! Take pictures!!!!
bwaahahaaahaa! That's great! It is SO much easier to destroy a room than it is to put it back together. Oh, but you're going to love it when you're done. (I'd love to know what kind of sadist puts carpet in bathrooms? That just boggles my mind. Of course, having boys really skews our perspective a bit, I guess. But still...)
Dy
Ha! I do all my remodeling whilst my beloved is away, too. Only because he absolutely can't stand the sight of a half done project, and I can't get it all done in one day...
Post a Comment