Tuesday, January 09, 2007

I can print!

Thankfully nothing was wrong with the USB port or cable.
Nope, the printer was just fried. So I bought a new printer yesterday. I had planned to just buy the same model as I the broken one so i could reuse ink cartridges....but alas, Staples doesn't sell that one anymore.

I ended up spending twice what i had planned to spend but on the upside, the new printer is a photo printer. And even greater, it already had a dock for my CF card so that's one more thing I can disconnect from the computer. (It also has a USB port to dock my ipod.)

I drove the Staples lady crazy selecting a printer. Once she finally grasped that i would never, ever, ever again purchase a printer that had a single color ink cartridge, she moved on to her next thing...an all-in-one printer. Then I had to convince her that I already had a scanner that worked quite nicely and had a scan to copy function.
When she exhausted all other efforts, she pointed me to the HP Photosmart printer that met all my needs.

It even loads paper from a front, flat tray so it doesn't get all bent over from humidity. And I can print photos for ZooDad.

The photo sorting software solved another problem that I was having on ZooDad's computer. (My Cannon Software is opening on the dual screen which is no longer hooked up and I can't seem to switch it.) And is also getting along just fine with Photoshop.

Well, I'm back in business. Too bad most of my pictures are stuck until April on my dead battery laptop.
But I did print off my attendance report. Woohoo.

No comments: