ZooDad is not known to be a wordy sort of fellow. He's never going to be accused of penning Stephen King-esque rambling paragraphs.
As far as he is concerned, the written word is best when you use as few words as possible. (He has an 8-year-old son following in his footsteps. Our 10-year-old is more akin to his mother's style. If two words will convey the meaning...then 10 more will just add some good stuff to the story.)
This brevity of word leads to some very interesting emails.
"Pictures from today" assumes that one only needs to know when the pictures when taken and not when, who, and what.
"Me at the 9mm range-I qualified." Short and sweet and gives more detail than usual.
"Not sure if I sent you this or not" sounds like spam but usually means a picture he forgot about.
"Today's helo ride" again all the info that I can know about.
"Keep this. Save it. Print it out. This is as good as money." Wow...down right Shakespearean, if the Bard were writing Spam. I printed it out and filed it away. I was forced to by the persuasive language.
and one of my favorite..."I took this picture of camels." Wow....camels. No clue where or why but there they are.
Today's message: "I'm about to fill out this form." Attached was the Application for Active Duty. Hmmm...I guess he's more serious about staying in than he let on.
We had discussed it prior to him departing the country but I had expected that we would chat a bit more about the subject.
It's not a surprise just surprising to see such a topic as a one sentence email.
I emailed back, "Ok, need help?"
It's my failed attempt at being a smart ass. The man won't even notice.
4 comments:
OH NO!!!!
Does that mean that you will have to move (eventually) if he becomes Active Duty????
Active Duty????
Ummm.....no.
Thinking of you.
(((HUGS)))
One of the places she might move if they go active is the same place *WE* are going.
Well, I literally laughed aloud. Zorak sat here, and evidently, being a man of similar verbal ilk as ZooDad, he didn't see the humor in it.
But you've gotta have humor.
On a related note, I sometimes forget Zorak doesn't use netspeak as frequently as I do. And I left a note at the end of some email, "LMK, K?" He wrote back, "WTH is LMK?" SO I explained it, and he replied with, "TSVMFETTMIBSTLYKWIKMM".
Um... huh?
Turns out, it's "Thanks So Very Much For Explaining That To Me, I'll Be Sure To Let You Know When I Know More Myself".
It worked. I've been very careful to eliminate the netspeak from my emails since then.
Dy
Post a Comment