Friday, December 29, 2006

The epitome of laziness.

Children are all tucked in their beds, One or two have a light-up ring pop tucked in with them. I hope they don't wake with a sticky mass of sugar stuck to their hair.

Free of all but emergency parental responsibilities, I am attempting to set up ZooDad's Harrier computer for my use while he is gone. My trusty laptop has lost all power. Eventually, I'll have the hard drive removed and placed in an external case so I can plug it into the Harrier's multi-USB port thingy. I'm surprisingly calm about this change in computers. I think it's because I can check email with minimal aggravation. (Upon start up, Outlook searches for a .pst file that is no longer available and expresses shock over not finding the needed file. It's a minor issue in the grand scheme of things.)

Anyway, as I sat in the dark dining room/school room I realized that I could not make out the keyboard well enough to fine the keys "USAA" and then realized than even if I found those three keys...I wouldn't be able to find the ones needed to type in my username, password, and PIN.
So I resigned to get up and turn on the light.
(sigh)
Once again, I am foiled by my young attractive Middle school typing teacher. Had she been more interested in teaching the whole class and less interested in flirting with 13-year-old boys, I could have sat in the dark for hours.

It may be time for me to break out the SpongeBob typing program.

I hope you've enjoyed tonight's foray into my head.

No comments: