Sunday, December 24, 2006

Conversation with the guy working at The Game Stop at 12:30 pm, two days before Christmas

Imagine two very long lines. People all waiting to buy mulitple video games. I had one in hand and had pre-ordered another when the guy at the register realizes that the credit card authorization is down. Down as in not working at all. Down as in...tried to call stuff in over the phone and even that didn't work. Then as the poor guy then realizes that this also includes check authorization is down.
It was a look of total panic.

"Um......," starts the poor guy who is a total loss of what to do. "Do you have cash?"

I replied, "Yeah...I do. It's ok. It sure sucks to be you though."

Big smile from me. Nervous smile and look of slight nausea from the guy behind the counter.

Him: "Thanks for being so cooperative. I'm sorry about the inconveince."

I felt sorry for the three guys in there. I hope they got everything all squared away. I was just glad to procure Super Mario DS for the oldest son and to pre-order the new Zelda game.
That was my second to last Christmas item. At 9 pm, I finished my last item: Sis's new blue lace socks. Check them out.

No comments: