Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Can't leave well enough alone

or how Sheila likes to poke the puppy.

I have a hole in one of my teeth. It's a front tooth and it's a small hole.
I've had it for years.
It wasn't from a cavity but instead was from a defect in the enamel that just cracked and fell out.
I've had the silly thing for over 10 years.
It has never bothered me except cosmetically.

A month ago, I went to the dentist and he expressed a concern over the "hole." I gave in and decided to have it filled.

Today was the day.
I hate going to the dentist with the intensity of a million burning stars even though I really love my current dentist. (I let the dentist know too. He never takes it personally.)
I think I would rather be pregnant again than get a needle in the mouth, my tooth drilled out and then filled.
But I went anyway.

The tooth looks great. The filling is not visible at all. The hole is all gone and the whole thing went quickly.

But, I'll be darned, the numbing stuff is wearing off and now my tooth hurts.
The tooth that never bothered me....is now bothering me.

That's what vanity will get you.

No comments: