Saturday, October 07, 2006

A lucky girl

I'm sitting on the deck and thankful for the wireless doodah that ZooDad hooked up for the cable modem.

A and M had soccer games today at the same time. Both boys won. I had plan to wander between the two fields so I could catch a little of both games. Unfortunately, only 4 members of A's team showed up, so those four little guys had to play the whole game. A started out as goalie and I stood near to encourage and coach him. When they switched out players, I ended up being goalie coach for the rest of the game.
Coach said it was the best game they had played all season. A was recognized for offense and for playing hard for the whole 45 minutes. (That's a lot time for 4 and 5 year olds. Those boys played hard for the whole game.)
I have no idea how M did. I tried to watch from across the field. He got a blue offense star and he said he had two assists.

We came home, had lunch, and then started some much needed yard work. The back yard has suffered since ZooDad left. I cut grass, trimmed hedges, hauled off some branches, supervised toy clean -up, and then smoothed some leftover mulch piles. Then we moved the small swing set and the kiddie fort to the mulched area and set up the soccer goal in the grassy area. The deck has been blown off and the table cleaned. Two other tables have been set up near the fence.
All this to get ready for tomorrow's birthday party.

My back is aching now, so I am resting a bit while the boys play in the hammock and kick the soccer balls around. I have to bake a cake tonight and clean up what looks like a tornado path in the house.

Then it's back to our normal weekly schedule.

No comments: