Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Just checking

making sure I could still log in.

Sorry I've been gone for so long. I'm unmotivated and a bit lonely.

ZooDad has arrived at "parts hot and sandy" and is all settled in. It was 118 degrees yesterday. He said he could actually feel his eyeballs sizzling.

Boys are well. School is driving on. The house is suffering but that can be fixed easily.

The skylight has been replaced. M's eyes are doing ok enough to avoid a 3rd surgery for now.
The same can not be said for my Mom's eyes.

Speech and OT is showing improvement in M and A. Both boys are 1-1 in soccer and J is loving baseball camp.

I'm eating fairly normal but my energy level is still low. (Hence the house disaster.) Even the knitting is going slowly.

Tonight is a smorgasbord of TV for me. I can DVR "House" and "Dead Like Me" for other evenings and just watch "Dancing with the Stars." (I can knit and watch TV. It help pass long evenings.)

So overall, we're fine, relatively healthy, well fed, clothed, and fairly tidy. But we're missing something very important. And unlike previous trips...will be missing it for a while.

3 comments:

Job said...

((((((((((hugs)))))))) to you ZooMom - thanks for the talk today and I'm glad you can still log on.

Dy said...

{{{hugs}}} It's the quiet loneliness that sucks the energy from you. But a good time to catch up on some reading - you know, good, comfort reading.

Will be praying for ZooDad and his sizzling eyeballs. So glad to hear an update on the boys, too.

Dy

Anonymous said...

I understand about missing something very important for a long time. It's looking like at least a 50/50 shot that Marty will be going to the same place hot and sandy that your honey is. He'll only be there for 6 months, and back just in time to start packing up and getting out of here.
ANy time you are feeling lonely (once we get our car issues taken care of, hopefully by monday) give me call. I promise, we can be over there on pretty short notice. My kids are driving me nuts wanting to go back to your house. LOL