but my Mom had cornea replacement surgery yesterday.
boy
The surgery was supposed to be routine, but little is with my Mom.
They ended up putting her under complete sedation and she was slow to wake up. When she finally woke up, she was disoriented and weepy.
Eye surgery does that to people, in my experience. Our boy, M ,was slow to wake after eye surgery. He was confused and weepy for hours afterwards. Losing your vision, even temporarily, seems to have that affect on people.
She slept the rest of yesterday...but she's not answering the phone this morning. I'm hoping my sister has taken her to the eye doc for her post-surgery check. (That just occurred to me...the post surgery check. I've been here worrying since 8 am.) They are supposed to leave for Charleston tomorrow to hang with my Aunt and Uncle for a little vacation. (Mom's bro and SIL)
I'll wait 15 more minutes and then I'm going to start phase two of my "hunt down Mom" project. Stage three includes loading up the van, driving over, and peeking into windows.
Never a dull moment around here.
Late Update
Found Mom with my sister at the eye doctor. All is well. She just has a lot of stitches. She did however, miss out on her trip to Charleston. Her vision is fuzzy but she's not in much pain. Doc says that the procedure went well and her vision should be optimal in 6 to 12 months.
1 comment:
Did you find your mom?
Post a Comment