Here's my news.
On April 30th, I will once again be an Army wife.
My sweet husband has been involuntary activated from the Individual Ready Reserves (IRR) and most likely will deploy to Iraq.
We've been out of the Army for 7 years and ZooDad is 40% disabled, so this was quite a surprise for us.
His deployment is for 18 months with an option for extension up to two years.
My family is running out of men and we didn't have that many to begin with. My nephew is already in Iraq as a contractor. My niece's husband reports for deployment in early June.
Nine children whose fathers are away from home fighting.
Three wives worrying about their husbands.
One family who has had solders/sailors/and airmen in every war this country has ever fought in.
No one can say we aren't dedicated.
3 comments:
I will be praying for all of you.
Lisa at
http://www.bloglines.com/blog/HopewellMomSchool
{{hugs}} The men in your family are the backbone of more than the military: of family, home, and everything worth fighting for.
You know I'm here if you need a shoulder.
Dy
Wowee Kazowee. I don't visit for awhile and I think the biggest change is your template. Wow. Other than the fact that I have never been a civilian wife - I know how you feel. Are you going to be moving to a base? I only ask cause I currently live in an Army town (El Paso, TX). Wouldn't it be weird if you got stationed here?!
Hang in there, fellow mommy of little men.
Post a Comment