Monday, April 03, 2006

In which the poor girl's head explodes

Well, almost.

Last night, while sitting at the kitchen table, I looked up.
Then I immediately yelled for ZooDad.

ZooDad came running like the wonderful and concerned husband that he is to find me looking at the ceiling.
"(Gasp) How long has that been there?"
"I don't know. I'm short. I never look up. How long do you think?"
"I don't know. I'm tall. I never look up. The real question is where did it come from?"

Well the "it" wasn't a bug or some alien species that had chosen to take residence on our kitchen ceiling. (Unlike the snail that really does live on our stairwell ceiling.

It was worse. far, far worse.
Aliens or bugs would have been good news.
Much better news than......dum, dum, DUM...A waterspot.

Yep, a brown, wet, and growing water spot.

Near as we can tell, and we have no contractor or plumbing experience, the spot must be coming from the overflow pipe in the upstairs bathtub.
I sure hope so anyway because that part can be accessed through the drywall in A and S's closet.

I was supposed to call the plumber today but I forgot. Instead I hung out at my Mom's after my ophthalmology appointment and knitted all day. (The eyes are fine. No eye lasering needed. I go back next year to check again.)

So tomorrow, I call the plumber.
In the mean time, I'm checking all the ceilings.

2 comments:

Dy said...

That's a bad feeling! I hope it's just something simple. Our wonderful neighbors in MD discovered a spot like that, and it was from their tub, but it was from the fact that the contractors hadn't actually connected the drain pipes to the tub. Just kinda positioned them near the drain. ARGH. Talk about frustrating. Easily corrected, however, so that was nice. I hope yours is as easy to correct.

Dy

Amy said...

We had a similar problem, and it turned out to be a clog in the AC condensation line. It's and easy fix, so I'd be sure to check that before spending a ton on plumbers! I hope it's easy to repair.