Tuesday, March 28, 2006

I ain't dead.

Nope, I'm still around. Sitting on my fingers. Waiting for the 31st to arrive when I can spill the beans pretty openly. Though in real life, I'm already spilling the beans. Oh well. I have to get things done and I can't wait for the 31st to get this party planned.

I'm knitting and planning school stuff for next year. And it's baseball season. So that is keeping me fairly busy.

I'm trying not to cry every few hours. As long as I don't think about "it" in great detail, I'm ok. But the minute I start thinking about how this will affect us, especially the boys, I get all upset.

I keep praying for God to make me open to his plan and to remind me that his is there when I forget.
I'm trying to not be bitter.
I'm trying to keep ZooDad from getting bitter.
I'm also trying to project an air of confidence and competence. I don't need ZooDad worrying any more than he already is.
He needs to know that his wife and family is not going to fall apart.

It's not fun though.
Denial helps. ;)
ZooDad and I have developed a code. "It ain't just a river in Egypt." means, "I'm handling it, just barely..but only because I'm not thinking about it in full detail."

The full details are just too hard to think about.

2 comments:

Dy said...

Oh, honey, can you email me and spill the beans privately? I am worried about you guys. Still praying, and will be checking back.

{{hugs}}
Dy

Sheila said...

I would but I don't know your email.
Don't worry too much. We're freaking out but it's not an "end of the world" kind of thing.
The good news is that no one is dying, is fatally ill, or even has the sniffles. I've got my crazy eye thing but on the scale of butterflies to doom and gloom...it's a roly poly.

But you can email me at
sheilaz at comcast dot net
What an original email address!