A few months ago, I started redo-ing the boys' upstairs bathroom. I stripped the original 80's wallpaper to find horrible walls underneath. I primed the walls and then painted them a light yellow only to discover that there were holes everywhere. ZooDad tore out the 6 bulb light bar and found NO light box. None. Just a gaping hole with an electrical wire hanging grotesquely from some unknown origin.
After the original shock, he went out and bought a light box, installed it, and put in a sweet new silver light fixture with only 2 bulbs.
Well this weekend, I once again took up the task in the bathroom.
After spackling and sanding, I decided that the light yellow was just too light.
Thankfully, I have a paint stash. I decided on a darker yellow. (Pismo Dunes Behr) and starting painting everything all over again. I primed the vanity and painted it an antique White. Once, I had painted everything I could...I called ZooDad to remove the toilet. The plan was to cover the old original 80's yellow linoleum with new, seamless, sage green speckled vinyl.
That was the plan. After removing the shoe molding, I found that the old linoleum wasn't as glued down as I hoped. I pulled up a corner and it shattered.
So tomorrow the plan is to pull up all the old stuff. I figure this will be a lot harder than I expect. I'm sure that it is still glued down right in the middle. I'd love to be wrong though. Then I have to clean everything...again and make a template of the room to cut the new vinyl.**
After that, I paint trim and start gluing down the new floor. Finally is the details. Hanging all the doors and adding hardware. Shower curtain, border, and the accessories. This is going to be the frog bathroom. Since it is my least favorite room to hang out in, I thought I'd pick a fun decor that I liked. Oh yeah...and reinstalling the toilet. That's got to happen too.
It is currently in the tub. The boys are having a huge laugh over that and the gaping hole in the floor.
It will be finished by Friday. I'll take pictures.
** You might wonder why we aren't tiling the floor. Did I mention that I have 4 boys? Did I mention that this is their bathroom. Would you want to clean grout around the toilet used by 3 and soon to be 4 four boys? Don't you think that solid, seamless vinyl would be a better idea and easier to clean? Yeah, me too.
1 comment:
Oh what FUN! A bathroom renovation really does add new life to even the smallest of baths. I'm so excited.
Yeah, on the tile. We put tile in the main bath. I cannot use enough grout sealant, and Zorak is convinced I'm going to need a 12-step program to STOP SEALING THE GROUT! lol.
Dy
Post a Comment