Inside, I am grumpy and resentful.
I am tired. I am tired of feeling annoyed by cattiness. I'm tired of superiority issues. I'm tired of feeling that I should keep my (well-researched and passionate) ideas to myself so we can all enjoy a spirit of "diversity."
I've never understood why tolerance meant "everybody but Christians" or why people feel that I must accept their beliefs.
And if the question doesn't apply to you...don't answer it. If someone asks "How often do you study Latin each week," an answer like "We don't." is not a polite option. If you don't, keep it to yourself. You are putting down another person decision when you do that.
Any statement that begins with "I might be in the minority here..." Should also not be said. Your attempt is not to educate but the belittle ,shame, and demean. (Oh, that poor ignorant majority.
I'm aggravated and I am tired of dealing with it.
I'm ready to crawl into a cave and ignore everyone.
So I've decided to not deal with it anymore.
I'll just smile....and move me and mine to the other side of the room.
2 comments:
Oh, honey, do I need to go piss someone off for you? I'll do it. I can blog about forcing education down my children's throats? Or how we lambasted HUD and Health and Human Services in our discourse over supper? Or shall I share the debate Zorak and I had over what caliber is best to take hiking? Anything I can do to help, you just say the word, sweetie, and I'm THERE.
Screw diversity!! (Can I say that here? If not, you can delete me.) Let's celebrate rational thought. Let's celebrate majorities, minorities, and seniorities - but never, ever keep quiet about your passions, your beliefs, and your life out of some misappropriated pressure "not to offend". Let 'er rip! I'll go put on another pot of coffee, ok?
Dy
oh good grief... what did I miss a.k.a. "delete" on HELP now? Honestly? I am so caught up with my own "valley" right now that I'm sure I've missed plenty. Sorry you're feeling this way but I *do* know what you mean! It's just one of many reasons why I don't express myself or my opinions much. {and have only just begun to do so on my blog...} But now I think keeping it in is eating away at me and coming out "sideways" and there are days when I feel literally "tormented". All in all, I think we need to be able to express ourselves, our opinions, et cetera. If we all thought or felt the same way, we'd be robots!
Post a Comment