Thursday, September 01, 2005

Grumpy grump rant

The very grumpy elderly gentleman in the Occupational therapy waiting room.

I am very sorry that my 2-year-olds 3 minute crying spell bothered you. I am even more sorry that you chose to grump and complain about it for 10 minutes after he stopped.

He was crying because I made him sit in his stroller as time out for misbehaving. I am not going to risk teaching my son discipline because his quiet crying bothers you. Trust me, in the long run we'll all be happier for it.

On the other hand, I chose to keep my displeasure of you cursing to myself out of respect for your age. Your copious usage of h*ll, d@mn, sh!t, and even the big f bomb was shocking. Thankfully, my children were too busy doing their school work to pay you too much attention. And they were unaware of your wrath.

They just thought you were crazy and felt sorry for you.

1 comment:

Dy said...

You're a better woman than I. I'd have told the boys the muttering old man with the foul mouth was insane and to keep their distance. Hmpf.

{{hugs}}
Dy