Thursday, August 04, 2005

Since Dy is about to call out a search party

And Jacqui is sending "How are you doing?" emails.

As requested....
beep. be beep, beep, be beep, beep, beep....
NEWS FROM THE ZOO

The couch is in place. It is lovely and it does not sink when you sit in it. This is a good thing.
The moving guys scratched up my new tile when they took out the old couch. I refuse to let that bother me. It is a small thing to be fixed when we sell this house in the distant future or when some thing really bad happens to another tile.

I have a new dishwasher. The old one from Sears is gone, gone, gone. But they have yet to refund my money. If I have to show up in person...I will extract my pound of flesh from someone. (insert evil glare)

The new dishwasher is a Kitchen Aid and it is from Lowe's. The Lowe's people were fast, friendly and thoroughly satisfying. (Which has some dirty undertones that I'm not going to explore.)
This bad boy washes like a fiend. I'm not even using the Power scrub and my steel pots are too hot to handle. I mean that, I have to let the things cool for a good half hour.
ZooDad opens the dishwasher door periodically and man-speaks..."Stainless steel, baby."
I'm glad to have it. I was getting tired of planning meals around clean up time needed. Plus washing 16 plates, cups, and utensils a day is way more housework than I signed up for. (My heart goes out to the dishwasher-less. I don't know how you do it.)

We had an anniversary. As of the 30th ZooDad and I have been blissfully wed for 11 years. We spent the day installing the dishwasher. That is love! And since the 11th anniversary is steel, it totally works out.

Oh yeah...and I got a laptop for my birthday. It is a posh beast. 1 gig RAM and 100 gig memory. (shock....100 gigs. I remember when ONE gig was huge news.)I have a DVD burner on it. snicker .
It is total overkill for my needs but for ZooDad it is the equivalent of bagging the mighty mammoth and taking it home to the little women. Caveman grunt..."See, I bring you laptop. It good!"
I'm trying to get used to the keyboard and getting all my files transferred over. Of course, I have nothing I need on it. But I can play the Sims while I wait for the boys at therapy.
ZooDad has been informed that it is verboten to back up his laptop on mine. That's how my old computer got full of junk. I had back ups of back ups. This baby is mine and I change the desktop picture daily just to annoy ZooDad. LOL

What else?

MIL is having an upper endoscopy today. She's losing blood somewhere and that may be where. I'm waiting for news since she wouldn't let me take her today. Uncle N took her instead. She had to be there it 8:30. She's an hour and a half from me and the hospital is another hour from her. It wasn't the greatest plan logistically for me to take her but I could have swung it.
ZooDad had his upper endoscopy on Monday and was all kind of fun to be around. He thoroughly enjoys the meds and says the most hysterical things. I threatened to record our conversation for posterity. We're still waiting for results but everything should be fine as frog hair.

We have to buy a new bed. Baby S, who has just turned two, no longer wants to sleep in his crib.
Last night he climbed into his brother's bed. When I lifted him out he started yelling out, "But I a big boy. I a big boy!"
Heartbreaking. I guess it is time for a big boy bed.
I think I will be lost at the thought of not having the crib in the house. I've had a crib around or almost 10 years. He's also showing sign of potty training...but I relish passing that little torch. I've been changing diaper since January, 1994 with no break.

The PS kids started back to school here yesterday. I got my normal, "Am I doing a disservice to my boys?" thoughts. Then I looked up the bus routes and I found that the oldest two would have to board the bus at 7:40 and would get off the bus at 4:20.
The two hours of wasted bus time is half our normal school day.
(scoff)
I think we can use that time a little bit better.


So there you are. All the news that's fit to type.
More later.

Beep,...be, beep, beep...be, beep, beep, beep

1 comment:

Dy said...

Oh, I'm so glad. I was really getting nervous about having to steal, erm, uh, borrow, a horse to mount a search. *whew* ('Cuz, ya know, it's just too hot to look for someone on foot...)

What a wonderful week for gadgets in your home!

I will keep the ZooMIL in my prayers. Please update on how she's feeling. How's ZooDad, too? Meds are fun, but sadly, they wear off.

Smidge has been in a toddler bed since just before we moved. :-( I miss the babies. They grow too fast. But they're growing so well. I'm proud of your littlest ZooBaby for being such a big boy. That's really sweet.

Have a lovely, baby-kissing weekend!
Dy