I've noticed an odd thing about myself. I'm assuming it is a character flaw. It's not a pretty thing, that's for sure.
In any group of people there is usually this one person that everyone** thinks is the greatest, nicest, more knowledgeable, or hardest working person in the whole group.
Everyone just loves this person.
Inevitably, that person annoys me to death.
It's not that I feel threatened. I sure don't. I'm not envious beaus my life is good from where I see. I have no delusions of grandeur and I never expect any recognition, praise, or reward for anything I do. (I do things to get them done. Not to make other people proud of me.) But yet, in every group...real world or online...there is this one beloved person that I just can not understand why this person is so highly revered.
I go through stages of annoyance too.
Stage 1: Who is this person?
Stage 2: ok, everyone else likes her. I should like her too.
Stage 3: I do not like this person, what's wrong with me?
Stage 4: I still don't like this person, what's wrong with everybody else?
Stage 5: Ignore your annoyance and feign a smile when she's a round.
Stage 6: Just ignore her.
Strange.
Then I have to wonder. Does anyone feel this way about me? I am busy in quite a few activities but I like to think that I'm more of a stealth volunteer and not a chick out to run the show. When I offer what measly advice I have, I hope I seem like a mom who has walked that path with some failure and some success and not a big ol' know-it-all who just can't keep her lips shut.
hmmmm......
Of course this has nothing to do with the current drama on the WTM board. I actually wrote this post back in July. It's just popped up again.
This is why I had guy friends in high school. I relate better to men.
**This is an assumed "everyone." Other people may be just as annoyed as I am and do a better job of hiding it.
2 comments:
That's why I like not being liked by everyone. I piss people off and they let me know it. Kinda handy. :-)
Dy
I meant to respond to this one way back when you first posted it...
I think I'm a bit like this. One of my best friends is one of those people though. But - I know her well enough to know she's for real. One of the sweetest Godliest people I know - and younger than me. Grrr. I think of her as John - beloved disciple -and I'm just Peter the impulsive sword swinger. (thank God for Peter -that's what I say!)
Post a Comment