Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Prayers Needed for Mary Lee

My MIL was supposed to come up tomorrow to pick up the oldest 3 boys so they could spend 3 days down on the farm with her.

Instead, the hospital called to say that she was admitted to ICU with a fast and irregular heartbeat. ZooDad has taken off to be with her. He has about a 2 hour drive. They called at 9 pm. We last spoke to her at 6 pm.

Shortly after he Zoodad left, he called to make sure the boys were in bed and assured me that he would be home as soon as he could.

I took the time to explain what "being in ICU" meant and told him that he was going there to act as his Mom's advocate. I warned him about what to expect. I told him the questions to ask and to write down everything. I also told him that I would bring him anything he needed because he was going to be there for the whole night and maybe longer.

"You only have one mom, Honey. If I was widowed and in the hospital, I'd want my boys there to hold my hands."

He thanked me for reminding him of his priorities. He has work deadlines and there is a project due for his Masters class.
Work and school are way down the list when Moms, wives, and children need you.

So please pray for my MIL.

1 comment:

Dy said...

Sheila, I'm praying my heart out here. And I am so thankful he has a wife who gets it. You're a blessing to your home.

Dy