Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Getting all Hoity Toity

I've been on a spending spree. Yep. 2 years of tax returns will do that to you.
I'm fixing up the nest and making plans to take the boys to Disney World.

The new furniture is divine. I've already had the professional cleaning guy come out to take care of a spot. I t's going to be a looooooong five years for that man. (snicker)

The living room is looking spiffy but the fish tank was looking too small for Oscar, Elmo, and Comso. So I bought a new 20 gallon tank and all the accoutrements for fish living for the larger tank.
Now everyone is all comfy.

Then ZooDad decided that we have been neglecting the boys in social awareness and video game "savy-ness." Hmmm...These boys have computer games, an old Nintendo 64, and PSone, and THREE gameboys. I wouldn't call them neglected. But ZooDad was armed with the latest report that video games help children learn to multitask, a skill that ZooDad lacks and will readily admit. Since we have two children with fine-motor problems and issues with hand-eye coordination...I thought we could kill two birds with one stone.

We are now the proud owners of a new Game Cube and several games, including Zelda and Animal Crossing. Both games require a good bit of thinking and reasoning.
No wars have broken out and everyone is sharing quite nicely. When they've "gamed out" they go out side and play.
Cool
And ZooDad and I get to play too. I consider it marital counseling when you get to shoot down your spouse in aerial combat. Get that aggression out!

Then I went to this store called Tuesday Morning. They sell overstock house decorating stuff at discount prices. ZooDad came along and helped pick out a fancy schmancy new comforter set for our big rice bed and I fell in love with some butterscotch colored 600 count sheets for a steal. They just happened to match the comforter set.
Oh, these sheets are heavenly. ZooDad keeps trying to send me back to buy another set. The man is now spoiled rotten.

Now, I'm making plans to replace the cracked tile in our tiny foyer and then tile our bathroom. It currently has carpet. It also has three very large wall mirrors. Now before you judge, I am not responsible for the carpet and mirrored walls being originally placed in the room. I have lived with them for over 6 years though...so I do have to take blame for allowing them to stay in existence.
There is also the bad wallpaper and the 80's ball lights to replace.

Then I want to tile the kitchen and laundry, paint or restain cabinets, and paint every other wall in the whole darn house. Oh, I promised the boys I'd do something with their bathroom. The brown floral 80's wallpaper has got to go. But I'm starting to love that yellow linoleum in there. I'm thinking of a retro style bathroom...without flowers.

Oh yes...I'm fixing up the nest. School is on the backburner until the end of July.

Y'all send me your Wonder Woman vibes, o'kay? If you're in town...feel free to drop by and watch...or maybe help.

1 comment:

Dy said...

Wow! You can have my vibes. I'm hibernating until it cools off. Here ya go: ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Will there be pictures?

We bought a new comforter cover at IKEA a few months back, and I still love to just touch it, look at it, climb under it. It's a happy feeling, isn't it?

Dy