Every year ZooDad's company has a long weekend retreat as a reward. Families are invited and they have about 6 hours of work during the 4 day retreat. We don't have any trouble keeping ourselves entertained while Daddy is "working" and the free room is greatly appreciated.
It took forever to load everything. An hour into the trip...it was time for lunch. An hour after that...it was time for the first potty break. Needless to say it was a long trip up there.
Here's the guys.

About 60 miles from our destination, our road became two lanes....and hilly. Shortly after that...it became quite curvey.
Quite. Curvey.
Last time we were up here, M got a bit car sick. So I kept checking on everyone's stomach status.
Eventually we encountered a sign that said.
Expect delays
Well, ZooDad and I thought that was pretty funny. Expect delays. That's it. Like some sort of Zen travel advice.
Expect delays.
Then we rounded the corner and ....bam. We were delayed.
The road was actually partially closed due to some serious construction. Serious as in "hanging off the mountain" construction. There is no way in H,E, double-hockey-sticks I would have climbed in the cabs of any of those machines.
ZooDad and I spent a considerable amount of time trying to figure out how they got that stuff up on the incline in the first place.
This is isn't the best example. I didn't get a shot of the excavator on such an incline that the operator had the door open so he could bail if the thing started to roll.

They look like toy trucks in the picture, don't they? It was surreal.
Finally, after snickering over the various "deep fried p-nuts" signs and being "delayed"...we arrived at Chetola and headed out the company social dinner.
The boys terrorized ZooDad's co-workers for a while, ate a small mountain of chicken fingers and chocolate cake, and then burned off the sugar and carbs on the playground until 9:30 while ZooDad socialized and drank a few beers.
It was 11 by the time the boys were all bathed and settled in to sleep. They were quite excited about the digs and the prospects of taking a jacuzzi bath. (I had to agree with them on that one.)
End day one
Tomorrow...Tweetsie.
1 comment:
I love it! Zorak and I were discussing tonight the importance of picking a FLAT site for the house. His cousin tipped a gigantic loader the summer we stayed at Aunt B's. He was working on a cliff and if he'd been two inches (not exaggerating) closer to the edge, he'd have gone right over in that thing. It was terrifying. Bless his heart, he got right back on that thing. Couldn't have paid me to do it!
I'm glad you could expect delays and enjoy the zen of travel. :-)
Dy
Post a Comment