Well, it appears that Sheila, Zoo keeper, and supermom extraordinaire, is a slave master.
It seems by posted schedules that I am working my little Zoo boys down to the bone.
believe it or not, we've been pretty much doing pretty much everything scheduled in the WTM.
Yep, J, my little 3rd grader (and his 1st grade brother), has math every day. Twice a week we supplement with algebra and geometry.
He does two pages of Easy Grammar every day while his M does phonics with SSRW or HOP along with FLL.
They have handwriting with HWT three times a week.
J has dictation, twice a week and spelling every day. He also has assigned daily reading for comprehension along with his daily hour of required reading each day. (J has no problem with this. He read a whole Lemony Snicket book yesterday.)
Geography is done twice a week and so is vocabulary. (Wordly Wise) Logic and writing (Writing Strands) are done three times a week. SOTW and Science are both "done" twice a week. But we discuss these things daily. My oldest sons love history and their mommy is a former science teacher who doesn't every stop teaching science.
I guess I can be excused from Latin. We tend to do a lesson every 2 weeks or so.
Then add in A's work for preschool and speech. He and M sit in for Five in a Row lessons together. And A sits in on Baby S' B4FIAR books.
And we have three sessions of speech, two sessions of OT, scouts, PE, Art and crafts, and just general play time.
I'm at a point now where I thing the boys would get a vacation if they went to school. They aren't complaining though. They enjoy learning and even enjoy doing workbooks.
But sometimes I wonder if I push them too much. Sometimes I have to step back and remind myself that education is not a race but a journey.
But...
If they like it....is it ok to race anyway?
1 comment:
Oh yes! Haven't you noticed that if you give your children the nod that it's ok to run in a park, or on the sidewalk, or even *shhhh* in the store, they'll take off like a flash? I think their little minds do that sometimes, too. And there I am, sucking wind, trying to keep up with them while people around me keep saying, "You're pushing them too hard."
Well, would love to discuss it, but they're leaving me behind so I can't talk now! :-)
Sounds like you're keeping busy and productive.
Dy
Post a Comment