Thursday, March 03, 2005

Today I got my butt up!

I actually got motivated by Poppins' get-up-and-go post. I got up and went.

I got up at 7 am. Now don't laugh. I am a night owl and 7 am is disrespectfully early for me to get up and dressed. But I did this morning.
I threw on some cotton pants and a t-shirt. Put on my running shoes, popped some biscuits in the oven and set the timer. I told my oldest to come get me when the stove beeped. Then I went upstairs and climbed on the treadmill.

After a quick warm up I powered the incline up to 1 and the speed up to 2.8 MPH. I'm short. 2.8 MPH means my feet are flying. After a 10 minute walk, I tried a little running. I did two minutes as Sarah recommended, then 4 minutes of walking, then another 2 minutes of running.

Then I had to hop off and get the biscuits. I did get to squeeze in a Rocky move by running down and then back up the stairs...so that should count too.

Once I prevented breakfast from burning (Mah biscuits are burnin'!) it was back on the treadmill.

I quickly remembered why I hate being on the treadmill It's pretty boring, even with CC on the morning news.
I put on my headphones and popped in some Maroon 5.
Awesome dance music. Kind of a bluesy/funk thing to it.
I didn't meet the goals for running but I did keep my feet moving fast by dancing on the treadmill. Yes, dancing. I can only imagine what the neighbors must have thought of me this morning.

Once "Tangled" started, I was really going. Just imagine a short, overweight mom with no dance skills doing a Jamirquai imitation, except without the big, furry, pimp hat. That was me this morning.

It was fun. The time flew by.

I must say that I feel (and hope) that dancing on the treadmill is just as good of a workout as jogging on one. At the very least, it's more fun. I sure was sweating.
Oh, if you try to do this at home, make sure you keep one hand on the bar for the fancy footwork, especially on the little side turns.

Tomorrow is Violent Femmes. I'll let you know how that works out. I'll have to keep the headphones on for that one.

No comments: