My third child is a hoot, even when I don't understand him.
This morning I woke to the proclamation "I uh ites geen!"
You want ice cream?
"No! I uh Ites GEEN! GEEN! Geen?" He looks at me as if I have lost some mental faculties.
The ice is clean?
"Noooooo! I uh geen. I air uh gown." Holding his hands above his head. This is said with the air of the French Knights from Holy Grail. I can almost imagine him adding..."you zillly woman!"
By now I am just staring at him. I have no idea what he is talking about....then it dawns on me.
You a king? You wear a crown?
"Yets!"
At this point my oldest comes in to the room to inform me that A is an Ice King who wears an ice crown. Oooooooohhhhhhh. Gee, why couldn't he have told me that five minutes earlier.
1 comment:
Oh dear! That's so funny, and so sweet!!
John, in particular, was so very difficult to understand. He would get very insulted when I couldn't make heads or tails of his urgent messages.
So we took to making a family game of it, in general. If Zorak says, "Can you bring me the keys?" I'll look confused and say, "You need to ring in the breeze?" The boys howl w/ laughter, and it helped John not feel self-conscious. Now it's quite a chore to get someone to respond w/ the correct response - the first time! And I'm always amazed at what the boys will come up w/ when they do it to me! LOL!
Dy
Post a Comment