I am now convinced that I just won't ever fit in anywhere. No matter where I am, unless it's home with ZooDad, I'm not "enough." I'm not religious enough. I'm not worldly enough. I'm not trendy enough. I'm not fashionable enough. I'm not talented enough. My kids watch too much TV. I don't read enough books and I read the wrong kind. I don't eat the right foods. I don't interact with my kids the right way. I don't have issues with evolution. I homeschool my kids. I still have have two kids sleeping in my room. I don't wear the right clothes. I don't have decent shoes. I have too much money. I don't have enough money. I'm such a closed-minded conservative. I'm too liberal for my own good. I'm not doing enough. I'm doing too much. Whatever topic is being discussed...I either don't know enough or know too much and that frightens people. I'm a nerd. I'm a ditz.
No matter what group I am with, I am the odd man out.
I'm clueless. I'm out of the loop. I am out of fashion. I'm out of touch.
Today, I have been reminded of this twice by two different groups. I'm not "enough."
I was wrong. Life is just like high school.
My social skills must stink horribly bad or I care too much about what others think.
Please forgive my rant. I had to get it out.
2 comments:
Sheila,
You are more than enough- you're perfect. You are just the right woman for ZooDad, and who else could do such a wonderful job raising those precious ZooBoys? Nobody but you!
Some people never did get out of high school, it's true. Personally, I like to flick boogers on the backs of their heads when they aren't looking...
Um, wait. That didn't sound right. OK, so that's just what I'd like to do. Sometimes. You know. Cuz it'd be really fun. But in actuality, I make another pot of coffee, take a deep breath, and remind myself that gosh, darnit, I lived through adolescence so I wouldn't have to put up with that, and I'm not GONNA!
Wanna come have coffee w/ me and we can do that?
Dy
Dy, you know we actually get up your way sometimes. ZooDad's work brings him to the DC area quite frequently. We've had to miss the last couple of trips due to sports and therapy. But I loved to hang out...thought I'd have to drink tea.
Thanks for the encouragement.
Post a Comment