Thursday, October 21, 2004

Trying to get settled in

I'm still trying to get used to this format. When I first switched to this blog, I dressed it a bit and then lost interest because I couldn't seem to get rid of the bright BLUE links. (what a trade off...bright blue for spell check capabilities. But if you could see how poorly I type, you would understand the choice made.) Needless to say, I have not yet figured out where to stick the code to make the bright blue links become some other calming, muted tone.
I know you are wondering why it even matters to me...It does. Bright blue is my equivalent or red ink. It upsets my delicate psyche.

Then once I got my pictures all in place...My photo host fell through. At that point I just said, The heck with it! I have enough stuff going on right now." My problem is that I only have a little bit of webpage knowledge. We all know that a little knowledge is a dangerous thing. ;)
The sad part is that I am webmistress (I don't really like that word.) to two websites. One is a business site. The other is my homeschool support group site. If anything, I should know how to change to color of some words. But not here. My magic here is seriously limited.

Today's activities include making a giant pine cone wreath. I have some large cones already so the boys are supposed to be outside collecting smaller ones. I say supposed to be because I hear them and they don't seem to be discussing how attractive or how prickly the pine comes are. They had direct orders to fill the bucket with nicely shaped pine cones that had not been stepped on nor eaten. Since we have rather prolific "Pine Cone" trees, they should have any trouble finding enough cones. But I'm afraid that they have lost interest in the cones and become interested in one of the large numbers of Daddy Long Legs spiders that have been around out house lately. (I just heard, "Wow, look at the legs" so I'm making assumptions.)

Once we have enough pine cones, we will all don heavy gloves so I can wire them together into a large wreath that the boys wile decorate with fall leaves, acorns, nuts and whatever else they feel is "fallish." Of course along the way we will talk about why leaves change color, what nuts are, where the seeds are in pine cones, why squirrels each pine cones, nuts, and acorns, why pine trees don't' change color (evergreen versus deciduous) and anything else that might come up.

Science and art day. Plus I end up with some holiday decorations.

No comments: