But I have to speak out about Ron Reagan Jr. speaking at the DNC on stem cell research.
I am all for Stem cell research, especially in the area of Alzheimer's research and cancer treatments. My father is dealing with both. I think that an amazing amount good can come out of using stem cells to help heal people. I don't think the Democratic party has a monopoly on this train of thought. I am sure that the current administration agrees.
BUT
where I think we both split off from the Democrats is where these stem cells should come from.
See the Dems want to use the remains of aborted fetuses. After all they are just going to be thrown away. Why not use them? Why not clone those cells and make more stem cells? (let's not tell people that by cloning the cells, we are actually cloning people.) Then we could help people. As a benefit, it gives some righteous purpose for the women who chose to have these abortions. Now instead of just making the hardest, most heart wrenching decisions of their lives they actually could get some good out of it. Hey..Maybe to go along with their Planned parenthood T-shirt they could get "I saved an old fogey's memory" card to frame as a memento since we are on this slippery slope of degrading one of the most personal and devastated decision that any woman has had to make.
I'm sorry but an abortion is a terrible loss of life. It is a horrible thing for a woman to have to physically endure and have to chose to do. There is no "good' that can come out it except a woman who has not been emotionally and physically damaged.
However, you don't need discarded babies for stem cell research. A richer source of stem cells is thrown away by the thousands every day but the press doesn't report on it. Stem cells are found in the umbilical cord blood of healthy, born babies and thrown away at your local hospital where those researchers are clamoring for fetus cells.
God has provided a miracle within a miracle. It's ours for the taking but we throw it away. Instead our politicians would rather take God's miracle though a tragedy and try to make another miracle in it's stead.
Stem cell research and non-cloning of human fetus cells are not mutually exclusive but the Democrats don't won't you know that.
FYI: three out of four of the ZooBoys stem cells have been banked for future use or donation. 6 years ago, ZooDad and I realized that it was a very cheap insurance policy for our boys.
No comments:
Post a Comment