It's very hard t keep smiling when you feel like crying, even if its crying that isn't warranted.
Today, I drove my oldest baby four hours away from home and left him in the care of total strangers for 1 week. He's off at Boy Scout camp, his first time away from home on his own.
He have everything he needs. Clothes, toiletries, sheets, flashlights, snacks and all the other stuff a scout needs. I just hope he can find it when he needs it.
He had plenty of adult supervision including an Army nurse and a pediatric ICU doctor.
The mess hall serves great food and they camp counselors that I met were all very enthusiastic and good natured.
They even did a health screening when the boys checked in to make sure everyone was healthy.
I was very impressed. (Except with the "cabins." I would not call those wooden shed with platforms for beds "Cabins with bunk beds." But the boys were quite excited about them. J's patrol chose the best "cabin" and J got the platform-with-a-mattress that he wanted. I stayed long enough to tour the camp, get him settled in, and off to dinner.
It was a long and lonely ride home.
But I'm still worried.
And I'm going to miss my biggest boy so much this week.
2 comments:
you are a brave, wonderful, terrific mom. *hugs*
Wow. That came way too quickly (for the mama, at least), didn't it? How you holding up this week?
Post a Comment