1. M pipes up out of the blue, "Hey Mom! P (neighbor boy) and I were talking and do you know who my favorite TV commercial guy is? Billy Mayes."
That sure got my attention.
"Son," I asked, "Do you know that Billy Mayes died on Sunday?"
"He did? Really? How did he die?"
I explained what the news had said about his Mr. Mayes death and the boy seemed to ponder it a bit.
"So who going to sell Oxy-clean now? Or the Awesome Auger? Or Mighty Putty? What about Orange glo? I sure hope we don't end up seeing more of that Sham-wow guy. I can't stand him."
I think that would have made Mr. Mayes smile.
2. Oldest boy had his oral surgery today. We had to run some errands and he said he felt fine enough to come along. He was a bit drugged still though as you will soon find apparent.
While listening to 80's music on Xm radio, oldest boy says, "Now I know why the older people are always complaining about the new music being no good. This 80's music is way better than the new stuff
Guess what song was playing at the time....Survivor's Eye of the Tiger. I kid you not.
3. Youngest boy frequently breaks out into song. His brain, like his mother's, is a warehouse for song lyrics. He enjoys music and he's not the least bit shy about singing whatever pops into his head.
I turned off the music to answer my mobile phone and didn't immediately turn the music back on.
From the very back seat I heard:
We're not gonna take it.
No! We're not gonna take it!
We're not gonna take it......anymooooooooooore.
It was all I could do to not crack up laughing. I don't even know where he heard that one.
1 comment:
lol...for some reason my son LOVES "Eye of the Tiger..."
Post a Comment