Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Getter better

I want you all to know, we survived the Holiday lights/Visit to Santa. It was cold. Way to cold to be on a hay ride but we hay rode anyway. We met a few family members there and had a great albeit cold night. When the guy running the hay ride asked how many people were in our party, I told him we were a small horde. He smiled and replied, "A horde? Like a horde of barbarians?" I told him we were just like the Huns only slightly more peaceful and less tolerant of the cold. He glanced over at one family member, who is quite tall, who wore a pointed knit hat and covered herself with several blankets...one of which was brown and furry looking.

"Some of us are more like the Huns than others," I told him.

One day to go folks. If I don't get all the presents wrapped soon it won't matter. The boys are quietly excited. Which is infinitely better than wildly excited.

No comments: