Monday, June 09, 2008

Summer update

We're still playing baseball. Matthew's team is 4-1. Jacob's team is 3-1. Andrew's team is 2-2. And Sam's team has just discovered where 1st base is. We're having a great time though. All the families on the boys' teams are just wonderful. That makes the practices and games a lot of fun for me.

We're swimming almost everyday and the boys and I are getting brown as Indians. Um.....Native Americans. Um.....we're getting fairly tan. My favorite life guard is back for one last summer before he graduates college and enters the real world. He gets tickled at Sam's new found love of water and just shakes his head as Sam cannon balls into the big pool.

On Friday, my oldest managed to get on the front page of the local newspaper. Even underwater he's a complete ham. We didn't even know that the lady was a reporter. We thought she was just a nice lady who has a new underwater camera and wanted to try it out. (No that's not me in the background. We were out of shot laughing at the whole thing.) ZD and I were rather surprised when we saw that shot right on the fold.

We've had a run on car trouble here. ZD's car busted a manifold and my van developed an oil leak. Our stimulus checks went to the local Goodyear place. It was nice that we had the money....i just wish it could have gone towards something more fun.
Oh....and ZD has a request for orders. For the non-military people, that means that he has a new job lined up and planned for. I don't want to get too excited about it just yet. A lot of things could happen between now and the end of February. Another unit could need someone. Jobs could get shuffled. Plus the unit doesn't even exist yet.

I don't want to say too much yet but it's the ideal place for us. And we won't be going to Korea. We're quite happy.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, February is a long way off, but that's still exciting! I'm glad you're happy with the possible assignment.

If you're at all obsessive, like me, you can check his AKO account daily. We had an assignment to Florida while DH was in Iraq and I checked his AKO account every day, just to see those words. One day, it was gone. That's how I knew his unit was getting their deployment extended.

If the assignment falls through, it will show up very quickly on AKO, is my experience.

But a new unit sounds great! A challenge for your DH, but a chance to start from the ground up.

Dy said...

That is a very cool shot. I'm surprised they didn't get your permission to use it, first, though. I thought that was standard protocol? Glad it was a pleasant surprise, at least!

I'll keep the assignment in my prayers. It sounds like a great thing.

Glad baseball season is going well for you guys! Why does it seem like ours starts eons before anyone else's? We've been done with tournaments for a week, now, and nobody else is. Weird. We're weird. I get that. :-)

Enjoy your wonderful summertime fun!
Dy