Well...I have floor. It's just really ugly. I was supposed to get a new floor yesterday but my new floor is in Florida. (Which is oddly apropos.)
My new floor will get here tomorrow and will be installed on Tuesday.
Until that time, my refrigerator will remain in the hall of my dining room blocking access to my kitchen. Thankfully, we can just walk around through the living room. So we can have cold food but we won't have ice. The supply line that caused all this mess in the first place, won't reach into the dining room.
So what do you do on Spring Break week and you kitchen is destroyed?
You paint it of course.
I've got one coat on the entire kitchen and today I'll finish that off and do the laundry/utility room. I may even repaint the cabinets before the guy shows up to put the new floor in.
Kids are being kids. Sam's foot looks better. He still screams and fights about the eye drops. Matthew's eye looks pretty good. He still has the redness and swelling. He's been awesome about the whole thing.
Andrew managed to miss the whole cold thing. So the nebulizer is back in the closet.
ZD however, did not that bus. He is one miserable Army guy. But he can't smell the paint fumes so he isn't complaining about them.
3 comments:
I think now is a great time to schedule a trip to florida, right? I mean, you can't breathe paint fumes. And if your floor is there, then you'll... have.... a .... place.... to.... stand???
I don't know if my husband would buy it, but try. Let me know if it works?
BTW_ just found you this morning. I have 6 girls, so your life with 4 boy is quite entertaining. I'll bet you've never come home to at ree full of Barbies hanging by hair ribbons, all naked... Yeah- it was creepy. Apparently they were "doing gymnastics"
Oy, vey! I'm glad the little guys are doing better. And the kitchen - Oh, it'll be so lovely and new-looking when you're done. Woohoo!
Speaking of working on the home, I was wondering if you have any tips on the deck? Things you put into yours that you love (or hate)? One of the things we're planning to do - we did it on the porch, and we love it - is use a 2x6 for the top railing, instead of a 2x4. That way, we can set coffee cups on it and they don't fall off! :-) But I'd love to hear more about yours. And how do you like the cantilevered supports? Thanks!
Dy
Hang in there! The medical stuff alone is enough to make you flee!! If it's any comfort, I'm having to rip out BOTH bathrooms since mold creeped under the wall into my son's room. [Great job, $490 home inspector] Seems both toilets have leaked for YEARS. I have visions of a guest "sitting down" and falling thru to the basement!!!
Praying for you and the guys!
Post a Comment