The roots grew under my driveway and pushed up the concrete...and grew into my sewage line. Can you tell that I have no love lost for the giant pine?
The view from across the street. This is after most of the limbs were removed. We left the house early and missed the initial action. This is what we found around 10 am. That's my driveway where the bucket truck is. There were another dozen county vehicles in the road. Wood chippers, backhoe, dump truck, fuel truck, and then various pickup trucks. They pretty much blocked the entire road.
While two guys from the power company cut down the big pine tree, another 10 county guys watched them. The work started at 7:30 am and they didn't finish up until after 4 pm.
And look what they left me with. I had no idea that they could possibly tear up my driveway more than it had been... I underestimated them. The funniest part was, they used leaf blowers to clean the debris off the driveway. I told them that that was an exercise in futility. (click on the pic to make it bigger. The expression of confusion on Andrew's face is hilarious. Ignore the ugly trailer. It's there temporarily.) Of course, the first thing I complained about was the oil stain. That set ZD off. "Well that's just the last straw....An oil stain. Now the driveway is completely ruined."
Here's another shot. For reference, those are ZD's size 13.5 feet. Notice the huge chunks of concrete sticking up. Lovely, huh? And to add insult to injury, they left the two giant stumps. 50 year old pine trees leave a very big stump. I swear, my kids do own shoes. They just don't like to wear them.
ZooDad has already drafted his next letter.
And that's not all. Next post.....Water damage in the Zoo.
5 comments:
Oh, we ALL know that trailer is there ALL the time! ;) You country hick you...old trailers in your yard and kids with no shoes! LOL
Yikes.
Wow. What a mess! ZD cracks me up with his last straw comment.
You were right, you did underestimate the county and their destruction. Sorry to hear about all the drama.
Wow, I was so stunned by the damage they did that I didn't notice the trailer or the shoeless boy. :-) That leaning tree did need to go, though. I have no affection for nature that threatens my babies in their sleep! ACK! Glad it's gone. Good luck w/ the next step. And I'm already cringing for you on the water damage.
Dy
Post a Comment