His mom needs emergency surgery. I packed him up. Which was quite easy compared to the last time I packed his stuff. Then I sent him on his way.
As he said goodbye, we both had flashbacks to his other departures.
"Just four days," he said...to reassure us both.
"Four days is nothing," I tried to convince both of us.
"You'll be fine, right?" he questioned.
I couldn't help but laugh. Yeah, Hon. I'll be fine for 4 days without you. We're still trying to get used to him being around. 4 days away will be like a little vacation.
I feel guilty but I have to admit that I'm looking forward to a return to the normalcy that we created while he was gone.
Very guilty.
Prayers for MIL, please.
2 comments:
Try not to feel guilty. You had to do what you had to do in order to cope while he was gone. And you did that for so long that it started to feel sort of "normal". I'm sure it is harder with him being home ALL the time right now, but he'll be back at the new job before long and life as you use to know it will come back. I'm sure it will take just as long for the old normal to feel normal as it did for the old normal to feel normal.
I hope her surgery goes off as easily as possible. I know you'll be fine for the few days your honey is gone. You're going to be in the same time zone, that is infinitely better than the last time he was gone. Marty is going to the field on Monday for 10 days-2 weeks. But they are letting them all come in to watch the superbowl. LOL THen they have to go back out. I know he's going to be just over the hill and about 5 miles away, but with our cell phones doing a disappearing act, we won't be able to talk at all, and that's kind of disconcerting. ANd he's not HERE. THat's what it boils down to. I don't like nights alone, and he misses me when he's gone too. I guess I should see it as a good thing that we miss each other after being together for over 18 years. I think it gives us a chance to appreciate each other.
Call me if you want to chat, I'll be up as late as you will, I promise. It's two hours earlier here than there, and I'm ALWAYS up til at least midnight.
Post a Comment