Thursday, April 05, 2007

A Movie Meme

I'm not tagging anyone but I kind of liked this meme. ZooDad and I are movie people. We'll watch just about anything...except really gory stuff.

1. Name a movie you have seen more than 10 times.
Kelly Heroes
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?" I love Donald Southerland

2. Name a movie you’ve seen multiple times in the theater.
The Rocky Horror Picture Show

3. Name an actor who would make you more inclined to see a movie.
Hugh Grant and Bruce Willis (Odd, I know.)

4. Name an actor who would make you less likely to see a movie.
Tom Cruise

5. Name a movie you can and do quote from.
Monty Python: Holy Grail and Snatch. ("You're not much use to me alive are you, Turkish?" is a common phrase used here.)

6. Name a movie musical in which you know all of the lyrics to all of the songs.
Mary Poppins. (And Rocky Horror....but we won't count that one.)

7. Name a movie you have been known to sing along with.
The Wedding Singer

8. Name a movie you would recommend everyone see.
About a Boy. Good movie about "growing up."

9. Name a movie you own.
Um....a lot. All M. Night Shyamalan's movies.

10. Name an actor who launched his/her entertainment career in another medium but who has surprised you with his/her acting chops.
Hmmmm....I don't know. Gene Kelly? Frank Sinatra? Donald O'Connor?
None of the current singer/actors do it nearly as well as the old ones did.

11. Have you ever seen a movie in a drive-in? If so, what?
Nope....never been to one

13. Name a movie you keep meaning to see but you just haven’t gotten around to yet.
Anything up for Best Picture at the last academy Awards. I've seen none of them.

14. Ever walked out of a movie? Which one?
Yes....D.O.A. A long movie that never started.

15. Name a movie that made you cry in the theater.
I cry at all of them. I cry when I've seen them half a dozen time. Best one: Where the Heart Is.

16. Popcorn?
Large with lots of butter.

17. How often do you go to the movies (as opposed to renting them or watching them at home)?
So seldom. (sigh) Maybe one every few months.

18. What’s the last movie you saw in the theater?
X-men 3? (I know...I know.)

19. What’s your favorite/preferred genre of movie?
Comedy and Sci-fi

20. What’s the first movie you remember seeing in the theater?
Star Wars or The Muppet Movie. I can't remember which came out first.

21. What movie do you wish you had never seen?
Saw

22. What is the weirdest movie you enjoyed?
The Adventures of Priscilla: Queen of the Desert. (Did you know that was Hugo Weaving in that one? The same guy in LOTR and The Matrix.)

23. What is the scariest movie you’ve seen?
Saw

24. What is the funniest movie you’ve seen?
I don't have an answer...but ZooDad loves those Ernest movies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I did this one on my blog too, lots of fun. We have the same answer for #4, LOl. What happened to #12?