I'm tying off a nice little safety line. I'm about to dive into the abyss of homeschool planning.
Yeah...great timing. House work to do. Home repairs and renovatios to do. ITBS applications to mail and deal with. Homeschooling to do. Therapy to do. Insurance companies to battle. Research to do for my big interview.
And what am I doing....trying once again to figure out to best use Homeschool tracker. (insert crazy laugh)
I'm told that it will make my life easier. Nothing short of a maid, a handyman, a yard guy, and a lawyer would make my life easier.
But I guess any measure of less work would actually make my life easier. At least that's what I;m shooting for.
So have any of you used HST? Do you like it? Does it make life easier or does it just create more work?
Any tips? Any shortcuts?
Any advice?
Anyone want to come over and help me clean carpets?
3 comments:
So have any of you used HST?
Yep, I do.
Do you like it?
Not really.
Does it make life easier or does it just create more work?
It takes lots of time to sit down and plan/type everything into the program.
Any tips? Any shortcuts?
Not yet....I keep wondering if I'll ever try to go back to it...for now, the answer is no.
Any Advice?
I'll send you my form so you can check it out.
Anyone want to come over and help me clean carpets?
NO WAY! hee hee
Hey!
Setting up HST takes a while, everything has to be keyed in but the joy is that you can create templates and have it track the schedule. I have used the free version for as long as we have homeschooled. Backing it up is a pain in the rear...not even on this pc anymore thanks to a hardrive wiping virus that sent this stupid pc back to the newborn stage. The new Dell is being built as I type so I'm opting to not reinstall it until the new one gets here. Making life easier? Not really, but it keeps me from having to write everything into a notebook and keeping up with the notebook.
Um, carpets? Well maybe...
I tried it. It may work well for people who use multiple programs for each subject, but for me, it was a PITB to have to type it all in. And maintain it. And printing it out used WAY more paper than I was comfortable using. I switched to using Donna Young's quarter planners, and modified them so that I can have one quarter planner for "my" book that covers all the subjects for a week. Once a week, I sit down and go over what's coming up.
What I really need is something to keep track of all the books I want to find - and remind me to find them - and then order them for me. I need a nanny - for me, not the boys. :-)
Dy
Post a Comment