We're recovering this week.
This noro virus takes a whole lot out of you.
Not much is going on. Nothing out of the ordinary anyway. I spent the evening on the phone with the Dell support people. The first person was a total wash. The second person more than made of for the first person's incompetence. Truly awesome tech support and all around well spent hour.
My stuff for achievement testing is going right along. If things go well, we'll add about 10 more families to testing. That translates into a lower cost for everyone. It's nice that I can provide that service to families that need it.
I've got a new calling brewing in my head. I'm going to let it steep a little while longer until I know for sure. But it involves forming a social and informational group for families with Asperger's Syndrome. In the past 7 days, I have just run into complete strangers who have children with Asperger's. They seemed so happy to meet me and talk about what they were going through. I got the vibe from one particular person that this was the most he had every talked to anyone about his children. It seemed like a load had been lifted from him. The other was just happy that she was not alone and that AS kids could turn out just fine. (Mine have.)
Those were just strangers. I've had several other people that I know get with me about therapy and things to do at home.
It was just a nudge...to have so many encounters in one week. Like maybe this is something I should to pursue. Like I have some need that I could fulfill.
But I'm a stubborn follower. I like to wait until I get a nice clear message a path to follow. It is meant for me to do...I'll know.
The boys are wicked smart. They remind me of that each day and in the most surprising ways. They also show their love for each other and compassion for others. Which to me is even more important than knowledge or intelligence. I don't know how I ended up with such great kids. I think I get as much out support and love out of them as they do out of me.
I'm knitting like a crazy woman. We all dropped by the yarn store to procure new stash and show off my finished socks. The boys happened to wear their handknit socks too and the yarn store ladies were so impressed by the boys love and respect of handknits. The neighbors, the firewood guys, the grocery store bagger, and now the yarn store ladies have all proclaimed the boys to be well behaved and responsible young men that I should be quite proud of.
And I am. How could I not be?
I'm adopting the Dell chick as a sister. She'd fit right in with the clan.
No comments:
Post a Comment