Tuesday, December 12, 2006

All laundry, all the time.

Today started bright and early with a mass of hysterical cleaning.
That can mean only one thing...MIL is coming up to help me.

I dearly love my MIL, I do. But she had a totally different life as an early wife and mother of small children.
Plus it's been a very long time since she's had children around all the time. (We see her only a couple time a month and she's usually all frazzled when she leaves.) She has quite forgotten just how much work it is.
Her "reality" and my "reality" are just two different things.
Anyway, the plan today is for me to go Christmas shopping.
Even though MIL will arrive at 9:30, I'll only have about 4 hours. A has Speech therapy at 11:00 and the whole thing including travel takes a bout two hours. MIL has to leave around 5:00. This would not have been my choice of days to go on a Christmas shopping marathon, but I didn't get to pick the day.

(sigh)
ZooDad snickers at me when I tell him of the day's plans. He has a great grip on reality and his rose colored glasses only work when he looks at me.

One hour to go.... two loads of laundry to fold and I need to vacuum.

No comments: