Saturday, August 12, 2006

On a mission

I'm converting the dining room to a school room/dining room.

That doesn't sound like much but it is. I just moved all the furniture around and I ordered a new short 60 inch long book case to take the place of my buffet. Next month I will start my quest for an new table and chairs. My current furniture is Duncan Phyfe style stuff from the 1920's. It's great for occasional use but not for wiggly boys every day.

The low book case will be painted to match the walls and so will a canning cabinet that I had squirreled away in the utility room. It's just going to be a frilly school room.

I bought some spray paint to match my cornice fabric and some metals buckets to paint and use for storage. And some new organizers for the highboy shelves that will store manipulatives and art supplies.

Some wooden letters to paint and put along the wall for motivation. An old time looking world map complete with sea monsters. A couple of shelved to paint to match the wall to hold the buckets. And my greatest find... panels that have predrilled holes. They are 14x14 and have dry erase board on one side and chalk board on the other. With hooks to mount them. So cute.

When I finally finish the transformation, I'll post pictures.
Won't be anywhere near ready for Monday's re-start but hey...the local middle school started while the workers were still painting ....why can't I?
I really want that giant number two pencil from pottery narn kids. I may have to just make my own.

ZooMom....is motivated! Woohoo.

No comments: