Zoodad passed all the medical. He's back to being an official Army Dude.
One more week at the training camp then he'll be back here for refresher training for 3 weeks.
Then it's off to Mississippi for a month or two, then Kuwait for 12 months. Once he's done there, he'll hang out in Atlanta for a bit. All in all....it's 18 months away from home.
This week won't be as bad as the next three weeks will be. I remember the last time ZooDad deployed. In the weeks before he left, we wanted to spend every moment we could with him. We wanted to cram as much family time in as possible.
I feel the same thing coming on this time. I want to horde his attention and I'm feeling resentful at the thought of sharing him with anyone.
Right now, we're in wait mode. We're waiting for the real stuff to begin. I almost feel like yelling...."JUST GO ALREADY! GO! Go, so can get back home."
I can even imagine how we are going to handle the next year.
A whole freaking year!
Dang.
No comments:
Post a Comment