I wish being a wife was as easy as picking out pantyhose.
The being a supporting wife is tougher than it seems. Last night I told ZooDad to just be truthful when filling out his medical stuff. I then informed him that there were three kinds of truthful, Unbiased truth, positive spin truth, and whinny truth and told him to pick which truth would help him achieve his end goal. (Whatever that might be.)
Well, that's positive spin truth.
I do know what his end goal is. He wants back in. He doesn't want to be rejected. So I'm here trying to be supportive and unbiased. I'm trying to be encouraging and not freaking out at the fact that if ZooDad does get this goal that he will leave us for quite a bit of time.
I find myself being uber-wife and positive spinning everything in my head thinking..."My God WOMAN!!!! If he gets this, he's going to leave the freakin' country and spend two months in a "Camp Crystal Lake" in Mississippi." (How odd that I find the Mississippi camp as frightening as the Kuwait option. But I was less than impressed with the place I dropped him off at yesterday. The other camp can't be much of an improvement.)"How in the world could he do this to us. 12 months BOG! 12 months not even counting the time in SC and Mississippi. What the heck is he doing? Is this some midlife crisis!!"
But then the next moment, I am beaming with proud that he's back to being a soldier again. That we are back to that ridiculous life that is the military family. Look at my darling ZooDad. Isn't he so majestic in his ACU's. Who wouldn't be proud to be a an Army wife?
You see. Crazy like Sybil.
Some of it might be denial. Some of it is just blind patriotism. Most of it is just trying to support this man I married who above all else loves God and country.
I think I need the Full body, uber-firm support with steel rod inserts. Does Hanes have that option?
2 comments:
(((hugs))) to you and yours, ZooMom. BTW, from where i sit, you're not "Sybil" - although i know it *feels* that way... - IMO it's simply "mixed feelings" which is "normal" and "natural" for whatever that's worth. We love you and we're here for you.
I'm going to hold out for the "full body traction" version, personally. ;-)
I know what you mean, though, about trying to be supportive when the inner fibers have a gigantic agenda that they're screaming inside your head. The first time I experienced that was when Zorak got two letters in the mail: one accepted him to the academy for the Sheriff's dept. and the other accepted him to the engineering program at ERAU. I vowed to be supportive either way, but gave a little "yippee" when he opted for engineering.
The other was when he, too, came home with a medical survey (only his branch was Navy), and my heart skipped a beat. I kept thinking, "but, but, but you're deaf! and you're... old! NO, they don't want you! Tell them you are an infirmed old man!" It's hard not to pencil that in, isn't it? {{hugs}} You're doing the right thing. Just email me when you need to scream. We'll get creative, okay?
Dy
Post a Comment