Ok, let's see. Recap of the last ten days. Think of it as a Cliff notes version of life at the Zoo.
I and 2 of the kids got and got over a cold and stomach issues.
Baseball camp:
J had a baseball camp with 3 minor league ball players. He really enjoyed himself and learned a lot. I found out that a. the boy can hit a pitched ball better than a machine pitch and b. it takes about four hours for a frozen behind to warm up again.
5 hours out in 40 degrees, windy, overcast skies shows true dedication as a parent. I spent the time working on ZooDad's hat and wearing Mom's hat to stay warm.
7 speech and OT sessions:
Going well. A had a high holy duck fit when the new pre-school therapist showed up at the house. It was nice for someone in school authority to see that side of him. Open defiance is rare for him but BOY is it ugly.
St Linda had an episode at one session and miraculously fixed herself once again. Chrysler Dude and I may have uncovered the cause but it's not a fixable issue. Crazy van.
Valentine's day: I got a skin for my ipod video from the boys. I also downloaded a whole bunch of chick music and podcasts.
House: Was clean but now I have a mountain of laundry to fold. Carpets are clean though. I had Duraclean come and do them. Those people are wonderful. $100 and two rooms, two halls, one set of stairs and the top landing are all sparkling. All the UCS's (Unidentified carpet stains) are gone.
This is so much better than me doing it.
Knitting:
ZooDad's massive hat had a catastophe due to my figgling around with the pattern but I think I may have pulled that one out. I should finish it in the next few days. I've had to rewrite the whole pattern to accommodate thinner yarn and a bigger head. This is the same Cascade Quatro yarn from the last hat. #8 needles in the round. This will eventually have two jester's braids with tassels.
I started sock class with Penny. I'm working on a new sideways sock with some wild purple variations.This is Lorna's Laces Watercolor and some funky purple. That's waste yarn from a provisional cast on. Thankfully that lovely yarn will go away. #1 DPNs. ONES!!! They are ridiculously thin. If I get through these socks without breaking a needle...it will be a miracle. I hope to get the other sock panel done before class next week. I have two skeins of the watercolor, so I can work both socks at once.
Cub Scouts:Oh my. Pine wood derby was Saturday. (We made the cars Thursday and Friday. I stuck the wheels on Saturday morning.) Both boys won first place in both of their dens. J won second place in the whole pack and M took third.
I was shocked. All the parents just looked at me. Thankfully, all I really did was polish the axles. You can tell by the boys' cars that I did not make them for them. They weren't exactly pretty but they sure were fast. M was especially ecstatic. His goal for this year was to just make it over the finish line. His first car had some clearance issues and got stuck on the track. J's car is the alligator. He carved it himself. M's is the red. He did all that sanding and painting. BTW...The green circle is Uranus. Ha, ha, ha, ha.
Cake making:My great niece's party was Sunday. She wanted a princess cake with pink and purple butterflies. So imagine if you will (until such a time when I can upload pictures.)a small wedding cake with flowers and candy butterflies...all done in Barbie Pink and Purple. M's only comment was, "Ugh....too girly." The birthday girl was thrilled beyond words. All she could do was gasp and smile.
All the other great nieces and nephews have put in requests for their own cakes. (There are 7 of them and one niece on ZooDad's side.)
1 comment:
Wow - great job, boys! I love the cars!
And that cake? Exquisite! It's gorgeous, and I can imagine the joy it gave that precious little girl.
Wow. Just wow. I'm pooped now, and going to bed. You are one amazing woman. Oh, and the duck fit - that cracked me up! You're hilarious.
Dy
Post a Comment