Thursday, February 09, 2006

One more...

J had a birthday a few weeks ago. I totally missed my chance to wax poetically about his birth 10 years ago. But frankly, I don't remember much of it and what I do remember is hysterical and a total 180 of a natural homebirth. So I will spare y'all the details.

The kid turned 10 and much fun was had.
And we had cake.
A dragon cake to be more specific. J had requested a black dragon but I have already learned the lesson taught by black food coloring.
So we compromised on a chocolate dragon.
And here he is.

Now just look at this dragon.
He has quite an expression on his face. He looks a bit morose or it might be a case of indigestion...as if he is saying with his sad dragon eyes..."Wow! I can't believe I ate the whole herd."

Now don't be fooled by the small picture. You can't appreciate the scale of this cake. That body was made from a 10" pan cut in half. His eyes are full sized cup-cakes. His scaly armor is made from candy melts. and those pupils are M&M's.


He was a mighty cake dragon. And we ate him all up. If I ever make another dragon cake, well let's just say I learned quite a bit from this monster.

1 comment:

Dy said...

ROFLOL - "I can't believe I ate the whole herd" - that is an awesome dragon cake! Absolutely awesome!!

Happy 10th, big boy!

Dy