Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Get Squished!

Today is the day I have been dreading for the last two weeks.
Today, I get my baseline mammogram. I am beyond thrilled.

I know what you are thinking. You're thinking, "Sheila, aren't you a bit on the young side for a mammogram." Why yes, I am. I just hit 35 this summer. However, since I have a family history for breast cancer and since one member was diagnosed at 33 and dead at 35, I am actually a few years late.

So I double reasons to dread. First of all, it's no ice cream party and second...what if they find something?

I don't time to have a cold...much less something big. A takes up a large part of my worry and then I have to spread the rest of my worry out among various family members. I don't have any worry left for me.

So say a little prayer at around lunch today. I'll take a tormenting technition if everything looks all clean and dandy.

UPDATE***
It wasn't that bad. Mastitis was bad. That thrush infection that caused cracking and then went in deep...that was bad. The mammogram...not bad and quite short. I didn't get a bit of knitting done except to cast on for a new hat. (Alas the old hat, we barely new him. He was denied due to his colors and the winds of a a 4 year old's fancy.)
I get the report in a week.

1 comment:

Dy said...

OK, having survived both the invasive thrush and mastitis, I can relate to this post, and I feel much better about having a mammogram now. Thank you. I will continue praying for clear results and plenty of time to worry about the mundane and not-so-thrilling stuff life sends your way. :-)

{{hugs}}
Dy