Sunday, October 02, 2005

The big party with 31 guests wasn't even the big news

Today M had his 7th birthday party, though the actual date isn't until tomorrow. We had a Poke'mon party complete with a Pikachu cake and a Poke'ball cake. I'll have to post pictures of it tomorrow since the grand celebration wasn't the biggest news of the day.

The truly big news was that M lost his very first tooth today!

It was quite a day long ordeal. It began this morning when I decided that I needed floss everyboy's teeth including the two that had been flossing their own.
I was shocked-just shocked- to see that M had a almost full tooth coming in behind one of his baby tooth and another erupting behind the neighboring tooth.
Thus began the Great Wiggly Tooth discussion of 2005.
No, he wouldn't let me pull it.
No, he didn't want to go to the dentist.
No, no, no, touching it. Leave me alone you tooth crazy mom.
ZooDad interceded by reminding me that it was against parenting laws to traumatized children at their own birthday parties so I let the issue drop.

At the end of the party, the tooth was downright wobbly.
No, he wouldn't let me pull it.
No, he didn't want to go to the dentist.
in fact, he didn't want the tooth to come at all because his brother said it might bleed.
Ok, little man. So I fed all the boys some left over party pizza and headed out to the bookstore to fondle the wares and wind down from the party chaos.

ZooDad called me twice at the bookstore; once to tell me that the to the tooth was bleeding while the child attempted to eat pizza and the second time to tell me that said child just wanted me to pull the tooth out.
By the time I got home, The owner of the supper wiggly tooth had chickened out and was back to the "I don't want it to fall out bit." I convinced him to let me wiggle it a bit and I wiggled it right out of his head without so much as a whimper.
After 2 minutes of wiping his former tooth's spot and fervently checking his mouth in my make-up mirror, he announced..."I'm glad that's out. I thought I'd never loose a tooth."

Now we have a birthday visit from the tooth fairy. Oh, yes...this has been discussed by the boys in the space themed bedroom. A birthday visit for a very first lost tooth must be extra special indeed.
Poor tooth fairy. She's never come on a birthday before. She may have to swing by the 24 hour Wal-Mart before she goes to bed. I would advise her to do that. One of those gold dollar coins ain't going to cut it tonight.

One tooth down, 19 more to wiggle out under protest.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

THAT would have to be the bestest birthday memory ever!

Dy said...

LOL! We had the same timing, and the tooth completely overshadowed the birthday. It's funny what really captures their fancies, isn't it?

He's too cute. Don't wanna pull it, but *whew* I thought I'd never lose one. That is just. too. precious.

Happiest of Birthdays!!
Dy