Friday, July 22, 2005

Broken, busted, all torn up.

You remember the story of my new furniture. Well, we also bought a new dishwasher. The old dishwasher, which did work, did not clean very well and was leaking around the door. It was also old and the detergent door would not open.
It was a pain in the rear.

On the 1st of July, I bought a new dishwasher from Sears. Of course I wanted it in a color other than white (it only came in black, white, and bisque.) so that meant that it had to be ordered.

It arrived on the 7th and my darling, but mechanically inept hubby installed it.
Ooooooohh..The language in that kitchen would have made Eddie Murphy blush.

So I loaded up my brand new dishwasher and pressed the button. It made some dishwasher noises and then the green "clean" button started flashing.

According to the manual and the Sears Service people... The flashing green light is a very bad thing. They said they would send a service person out on Thursday the 14th.

Uh....ok. It was a brand new dishwasher. I didn't even get to use it and it was broken.

Guy came on the 14th and couldn't fix it. It needed to have the whole electrical board replaced.

Guy came back on the 21st to replace the electrical board. (Same day as MIL trip to the ICU) the stupid dishwasher still wouldn't work. It seems that it needed to have the pump replaced also. $300 billed to my warranty for the first service....$380 billed for the new pump which could be installed on the 26th.

The dishwasher, didn't cost that much to begin with.

So I called Sears. They agreed to bring me a new dishwasher, install it and take back the old one...for an additional $53. Yes, either that or I could disconnect it, haul it back to Sears, wait the week until the new one arrived....Leaving a gaping hole with the water and power turned off on that wall of my kitchen, pick up the new machine and then install that one and pray it worked.

They'll deliver it next week.

Despite the fact that I have a mower, edger, blower, oven, refrigerator, freezer, hood, and dishwasher from Sears........I will never buy anything from them again.

Then they had the audacity to try to sell me the extended warranty plan.

Then...Just to add insult to my already dishpan hands.
My new couch broke.

The frame broke.

The guy came out to see if it could be fixed and said it was a manufacturers defect. We all took pictures and he is sending the info to Ashley so they can replace it.

We'll see if they follow the Sears business model of customer service.

At least I can still sit on the couch. (snicker....hee, hee, hee.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait a minute... they *billed* you over $600.00 and the machine never worked to begin with????????

~~ Jacqui

Sheila said...

No the sevice department billed the warranty. The guy prints this little receipt for me to sign. i didn't have to pay anything ...excpet $53 to have the old washer pciked up and a new one brought in.
ZooDad says that is is worth that to not have to haul it in and re-install. (deal with wires, ground it, get the water conected, clean up the mess.)
Of course, I feel they shoudl do that for free since we already picked up and installed one washer.